Costume System and Online High Scores
After the release of the game for the Medibang GameJam, I realized how much potential this game has if I took a little more time with it. So I'm going to start a devlog and record my progress of all the new stuff I've added after the release!
Between the submission and now, I've added some new features:
- Remade the title screen so it feels like a proper title screen, with the inclusion of an options setting:
- Keybindings page which allows you to change the keys. This page also allows for changing the keys for players 2-4, but is not actually used for now!
- Player's now have a "name" they can set for themselves. This will be used for online high scores.
- Music/Sound can now be toggle on/off. (it gets annoying after playtesting so much haha)
- There's an online high score now! I don't know whether this will be a permanent thing because of how I'll be changing the game, but I thought it would be fun to see people compete with each other while I'm still working on it. (It'll also help me find bugs, so win-win)
- This system was created using this tutorial: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/online-highscores.4291/
- Hooking a block will now align the hook, (and therefor the player) to the block's axis. This should make it easier to jump up into a block.
- Point numbers are adjusted. The Love Tic now awards 1000 points for every touch, and hearts only give 100 now. Enemies give 500 points!
- Wrote a new system to handle the player sprites, which allows me to add new costumes!
There's still a bit I want to add before I release this new update however!
Get Love Tic
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.